To Click or Not to Click?
One of our associates received the following text from Twitter. Or did he?
What would you do if you received a similar text from Twitter, Facebook or any other organization with whom you might do business?
- Be suspicious unless you know for sure you have had Twitter issues.
- Did the text come from a phone number you know? (40404 is not a normal phone number format.)
- Do you know the web domain https://t.co ?
- How do you verify it? (Trying the URL in http://checkshorturl.com/ )
- Ultimately, if you want to make sure, what do you do? (Call the phone number or email help address on their web site.)
Be safe out there!
Latest posts by The Security Awareness Company (see all)
- Giveaways for #CyberAware Month 2016 – Enter to Win! [RAFFLE] - October 3, 2016
- Why SAC is Excited About NCSAM - October 3, 2016
- 5 Ways to Maintain Privacy in Our Oversharing World - August 31, 2016