To Click or Not to Click?
One of our associates received the following text from Twitter. Or did he?
What would you do if you received a similar text from Twitter, Facebook or any other organization with whom you might do business?
- Be suspicious unless you know for sure you have had Twitter issues.
- Did the text come from a phone number you know? (40404 is not a normal phone number format.)
- Do you know the web domain https://t.co ?
- How do you verify it? (Trying the URL in http://checkshorturl.com/ )
- Ultimately, if you want to make sure, what do you do? (Call the phone number or email help address on their web site.)
Be safe out there!
Latest posts by The Security Awareness Company (see all)
- PII: The Journey to Understanding Personally Identifiable Information - April 30, 2019
- Women in STEM: Important statistics you need to know - March 29, 2019
- Security Awareness: Top 10 Tips - February 5, 2019