The Security Awareness Company provides a number of cyber security awareness training materials to companies of all sizes all around the world. We develop all of our materials in house thanks to our awesome production team, including interactive online courses, short reinforcement videos, monthly magazine-style newsletters, posters and digital signage, screensavers, trivia games, email messaging templates, and other resources to help corporations better run their security awareness programs.
SAC has been around since 1991, starting out as a family business, that has grown into a small but mighty company. We are a bunch of artists, designers, do-it-yourselfers, writers, musicians, travelers, photographers, readers, programmers, parents, and pet-lovers. While we are spread out across four states and differ in upbringing and interests, we are united by the common goal of having fun while doing exceptional work, exceeding our clients’ expectations, and delivering high-quality products and excellent customer service, all while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. We look for team members who are motivated, creative, curious, hard-working, passionate and who never stop learning.
Why Work For Us?
- The work is fast-paced and always changing, so you’re never bored.
- The infosec industry is blowing up and will look great on your future resume.
- Opportunity to attend industry conferences, network with cool folks and learn a ton!
- Want to take tutorials, seminars or classes related to your job? We’ll cover it.
- Our company has developed a reputation for our creativity, passion and willingness to push the envelope.
- Work with a talented group of hard-working, creative people who have helped build our company from the ground up.
- Learn a ton about information security and cyber safety, as well as the exciting world of elearning and corporate training.
- Work from home, in your PJs, with your cat!
- We don’t care if you have a college degree; we don’t care if you’re a stay-at-home parent, student or part-time banjo enthusiast; we don’t care if you’re tattooed, pieced, cybernetically-enhanced, web-footed, etc. We only care about quality work, efficiency and a passionate work ethic.
Graphic Design Internship
The Security Awareness Company, a small, Nashville-based corporate training development company seeks a graphic design intern. The graphic design intern will report directly to our Lead Graphic Designer, assisting the design team in poster and infographic layout, updating old design files, completing client branding tasks, editing internal documents, and important, detail-oriented background tasks to help the whole team. You will also be able to assist the Digital Strategy team in creating marketing and social media materials, inventory management and keeping our demo portal up to date.
While we are based in Nashville and are looking for someone in the greater Nashville area, we are in fact a remote company where every single employee works from their home office. There will be opportunities for you to work one-on-one with members of our production team in their home offices, work with the design team, and attend in-person team meetings, but you will need to have a dedicated space at home that you can call your ‘office’ and where you will be productive.
College Credit: Need us to sign forms to get college credit? No problemo! We hope you do get credit for all the cool stuff you’re going to learn.
Paid: Even though you’ll be earning college credit, this is also a paid internship, offering $8/hour.
Intangibles: Working from home means NO gas money, NO dress code, NO commute, NO lunches out, NO time spent getting ready in the morning.
Time-frame & Time Commitment
We’re looking for someone who can dedicate 20-30 hours a week to this opportunity. Currently looking to fill Summer and Fall 2017 positions. If you are currently enrolled in school and this overlaps your classes, we are willing to work around your schedule, within reason.
The start and end dates are flexible, but the full term of the internship should be around 90 days.
Summer Suggested Dates: Monday June 5 – Friday Sept 9, 2017
Fall Suggested Dates: Monday Sept 11 – Friday Dec 16, 2017
9-5ish, in that we need you to work at least half of your hours between normal business hours. Work from home. Flexible. We believe in a ROWE – Results Only Work Environment. As long as your work is always high-quality, on-time (or early!), creative and as requested, then we are very flexible in terms of when you work. You will establish a weekly schedule with your supervisor, our Lead Designer, and check in with her daily, as well as working online with the whole design team, participating in the company-wide group chat, and having weekly (online or in-person) meetings with our Creative Director and/or Director of Digital Strategy. (While this is remote, you do not work in isolation. We interact all day, every day and expect you to interact with us! This is a highly collaborative work environment where we learn from each other, critique each other’s work, and work together to get things done on time!)
- Minimum 2 years experience working and familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator (preferably CC but at least CS4).
- Must have own copy of the Adobe Creative Cloud and a working computer with high-speed internet connection.
- Pursuing a career in graphic design (with or without a degree).
- Must live in the greater Nashville area.
- Insane attention to detail. Annoyingly so.
- Must understand differences between raster vs vector, RGB vs CMYK, when to use one vs the other, how to use & convert .eps files, etc.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, takes initiative, unafraid to bring ideas to the table.
- Must deal with LOUD and blunt personalities well, and be prepared for constructive criticism.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills – like Sherlock Holmes level.
- Must work efficiently from home, without someone standing over your shoulder micromanaging you.
What Do You Get Out of This?
- Get a peek inside the growing security awareness industry, an important niche of the information security field.
- Work with and get mentored by top-notch designers, with over 50 years’ combined experience.
- Learn how to work efficiently from home, disciplining yourself to be a productive remote employee.
- Enhance your Adobe Creative Cloud skills (specifically InDesign and Illustrator).
- Learn about the exciting world of content marketing.
- Create posters, infographics, social media ads, and other items that you can use in your portfolio.
- Gain an understanding of how remote organizations operate.
- Be part of a highly productive, creative and fun media team.
- Work with and get mentored by talented, hard-working, designers who have helped build our company from the ground up.
- Do actual design work as part of an actual design team and learning actual design skills.
- Learn how to work at WORK. (As our lead designer has noted, working at school is a vastly different experience, so get a head start on learning how to work as part of a collaborative, remote design team in a fast-paced business environment).
Want the Gig?
Please fill out the following form in its entirety. Also note that we will ONLY accept PDF attachments. Any non-PDFs will be deleted.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please note that due to time constraints, we will only respond to those submissions that we want to interview. Please don’t take it personally!